CHILD CARE PROGRAMS
Assists staff to provide support and direct care to children in our various childcare programs working with children ages 3 to 5 years old.
- Works with staff, to assist children with their needs promoting their social, physical, intellectual, creative, and emotional growth.
- Ensure that all safety standards are implemented and maintained.
- Establish and maintain positive daily communication with parents, children, and staff.
- Program plans, prepares and carries out developmentally appropriate programs and activities.
- Conducts activities with children on an individual and group basis to promote the development of all the children’s needs.
- Attends to children’s physical needs.
- Maintains confidentiality, keeps records, and reports problems or concerns to senior staff.
- To follow LMNHS and CDC’s policy, procedures, philosophy and mission statement.
- Keeps program facilities and equipment safe and clean, reporting any repairs and concerns to senior staff.
- A team player, someone punctual, organized, takes initiative, and is fun loving
- Performs other related duties as required.
Qualifications Education and Knowledge
- Early Childhood Education Certificate required
- Special Needs Certificate an asset
- First Aid Certificate required
- Experience working with children in a child care setting
- Additional language/s, and experience in working in a multicultural environment is an asset.
Salary: Starting at $15.97 per hour
Shifts: vary between 8:00am – 5:00pm, this position is on-call as needed
Posting date until: Ongoing
This position requires Union membership CUPE local 1936.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Apply to: Geraldine Clevette
Child Care Manager
Address: 3981 Main Street
Vancouver, BC V5V 3P3
SORRY NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE, ONLY SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
FAMILY RESOURCE PROGRAMS
VOLUNTEER JOB DESCRIPTION
FAMILY DROP-IN SPECIAL NEEDS SUPPORT ASSISTANT
A valuable Hands- On learning experience supporting children with behaviour challenges offered through shadowing, training and support. Perfect for students looking to build practical experience.
The Drop-In Special Needs Support Assistant will help support children with behavioural and motor challenges, by positively participating in a drop-in program for parents/caregivers and their 0-5 year old children. The program is designed to enhance the intellectual, emotional and social development of children.
● Reports to Volunteer Support Coordinator and Family Resource Manager
● Encourage diversity in group setting through one on one support
● Actively engage in learning behaviour management techniques that are modeled
● Promote and provide safe play experiences
● Offer Patient and Enthusiastic, Child-Centred Support
● Experience working with families with young children preferred
● Knowledge of child development or interest in learning
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
● Ability to observe confidentiality of participants
● Willing to present and/or apply for a criminal record check done through organization at
● Able to commit to three months
● First aid certificate an asset
● Behaviour management skills modeled and taught, support and troubleshooting offered
● Letter to confirm hours and type of support provided
Two 2.5 hour shifts available per week, Mondays and Wednesdays 9:30 – 12 pm
Please apply with a resume and cover letter to:
Manager, Family Resource Programs
FAMILY RESOURCE PROGRAMS
SINGLE MOM’S PROGRAM CHILD MINDER/ON-CALL CHILDMINDER AND DROP-IN ASSISTANT
The Child Minder provides supervision, guidance and a safe, accepting, caring environment where the children of participants in the LMNHS programs/workshops feel welcomed and are able to learn and develop at their own pace.
Reports to the Family Resource Programs Manager
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare the setting before the children arrive and secure the facility before closing.
- Plan and facilitate activities for the participants
- Promote proper hygiene and provide safe play experiences
- Inform, guide and support other program staff and volunteers as required
- Attend to the children’s physical needs that may include diapering, toileting, eating and sleeping
- Maintain attendance records
- Direct parents to appropriate resources and other professionals when needed
- Perform other related duties
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Minimum 1 year experience working with families with young children.
- Knowledge of child development, ECE certificate preferred
- Understanding of cross-cultural and socio-economic issues that affect families
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to observe confidentiality of participants
- Ability to work as part of a team in a multi-cultural environment.
- First Aid certificate
- Fluency in a second language an asset.
- Criminal record check required.
Closing Date: August 18th 2017
Salary Range: $15.02/hr
Starting date: August 30th, 2017
Send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org