Employment Counselling and Interactive & Hands-on Employment Training Workshops will enhance newcomers’ workplace readiness skills through bi-monthly workshops that include topics such as:
- Navigating and Accessing Immigrant Employment Services
- Mastering the Art of Professional and Community Networking
- The BC Labour Market Outlook and Hiring Trends and Practices in BC
- Tips to Successfully Access the Hidden Job Market
- Personal Branding
- Writing Effective Resumes
- Essential Skills for the Workplace
- Mock Interviews
- Exploring Volunteering & Mentorships as pathways to Employment
Participants will network & meet professionals in different fields with referrals to participate in mentorship matches, job coaching or volunteering.
Time: 5:30 – 7:30pm
*Program funded in full or in part by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. Priority will be given to Eligible Newcomers.